Today’s spread is a little different. I’m still not really a traditional scrapbooker and I like the project life format, so sometimes I use it to tell a story rather than just using it to record everyday life over a specific period.
The story I wanted to tell was about our allotment garden as this year we’ll be giving it up. We’ve loved having the allotment but we now have other commitments and wont be able to keep it. I’ve included stories about the allotment in my past project life spreads but I wanted to dedicate a spread just to it, as a sort of love letter to it.
Starting on the left hand page I used a photo of the allotment when we first took it over. On the photo I used the digital word art ‘Plot’ and then used alpha stickers to add the number of our allotment plot.
In the middle two pockets I used a photo of the allotment after we’d added in raised beds and built the shed. Next to that I created a journal card by recolouring a digital journal card and added the ‘awesome effort’ chipboard piece from the Tough Story Kit.
In the bottom pocket I used a photo of the allotment when it was the height of summer and looking it’s best. And used one of the journal cards from the Outside journal card set Ali Edwards released this month.
For the insert I focused on the things we grew and the problems we sometimes faced. I used a 6x4 photo of one days harvest last year and another of the day we picked 8 boxes of blackcurrants. I used more alpha stickers to add the word ‘gluts’ to the 4x6 photo and used a wood veneer embellishment on the 3x4 photo.
On the reverse I created a journal card using one of the digital word art brushes from the Outdoors set. To colour the word I used it as a clipping mask in photoshop over a journal card that I had recoloured. The journal card had a beautiful watercolour effect by the colours were wrong so I played around with them in photoshop to make them green. I then used a text box to make a list of all the different things we had ever grown on the allotment.
At the top of the right hand page I used a template and three photos of our peas growing last year, and added the dates at the top to show how quickly they grew. In the middle two pockets I used another card from the Outside journal card set and next to that another journal card by Ali as a filler card. To that I added a wood veneer banner that I’d first stamped.
In the final pocket I used a photo I love from last year of the late evening sun shinning through the plants on the allotment. I created a journal card with another of the digital brushes from the Outdoors set and used a chipboard piece from the Tough Story Kit.